Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles
Overall eco rating
Animals & nature
PETA assessment of cruelty free credentials of cleaning products and toiletries to come
Environment & buildings
Overall luxury rating*
PREVIEW: expert review coming soon, but here's a taster. Ratings are provisional.
On the 22nd to 26th floors of a shiny new downtown LA skyscraper, The Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles shares its structure with sister hotel JW Marriott (on the lower floors) and the RC Residences (on the upper floors). But don't worry, Ritz-Carltoners. You won't have to fight through the Marriott crowds as you get your own entrance and lifts to zoom straight to the hotel's chandeliered reception.
Adjacent to the vast LA Live entertainment complex- restaurants, bars, cinema, entertainment arena with special events and concerts, and the Grammy Museum - and one minute from Staples Center sports arena, home to the LA Lakers basketball team, as well as the LA Clippers basketball team, the LA Sparks women's basketball team and the LA Kings ice hockey team. Yes, sports fans, this one's for you.
This being downtown LA, shopaholics, theatre buffs and museum lovers will also find plenty to do within 15 minutes of the hotel.
Business travellers, teen families and couples rub shoulders over breakfast.
- In the heart of downtown LA, adjacent to Staples Center sports arena and LA Live entertainment complex
- Shops, museums and theatres all within 15 minutes
- Surrounded by late-20th century office buildings, giving the area a commercial, businessy feel
This being the Ritz-Carlton, the style is largely as you'd expect - luxury chain hotel. Plump pillows, just-right mattresses, vast LCD TVs and all the usual five-star hotel amenities. Bathrooms are notable, with marble counters and those mirror walls that turn into TVs. But the 123 guestrooms, while large, don't push the boat out on the design front. The lobby, restaurants, bar and spa bling it up a bit, with chandeliers, black lacquer and muted golds adding an air of opulence.
- Spacious rooms with top-quality everything - sheets, mattresses, pillows, TVs. You'll sleep well
- Bathrooms step it up, with marble counters, rainshowers, soaking tubs and mirror-concealed TVs
- Black, gold and crystal add glamour to the lobby, bars, restaurants and spa
- Luxe though it is, the guestroom style is pretty similar to most other Ritz-Carltons
Spend hours in the huge spa, dine in the celeb-chef restaurants and go for a swim in a pool with an LA view.
- Splash around the 26th floor open-air heated pool, with views over LA and to the mountains beyond
- The vast 8,000 square foot spa offers much more than treatments, with steam rooms, a champagne bar and hair and make-up studio.
- Cats and dogs more than welcome - they're positively pampered, with their own room-service menu
- Restaurants by Wolfgang Puck and Kerry Simon, an espresso bar, cocktail bar, wine bar and rooftop pool bar
- A decent fitness centre with views
- We're bored of Wolfgang Puck. You can't walk for tripping over one of his restaurants these days
- 26th floor heated outdoor pool with views over the city and mountains
- Ritz-Carlton excels at customer service
- Top quality furnishings, bathrooms, amenities, facilities
- Views over LA
- Adjacent to Staples Center arena
You might not love
- The area feels very commercial
- Hotel rooms could use a dash of personality
900 West Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90015USA
+1 213 743 880
Standard room rates from US$300
"I wanted to live in the bathroom the moment I walked in" New York Times